Wednesday, April 22, 2009

4th reading

    What article did you choose to read for your fourth article? An Ensign to the Nations, a Light to the World by Gordon B. Hinckley

    That were the most important things you learned from the readings?

    “There are forces all around us that would deter us from that effort. The world is constantly crowding in on us. From all sides we feel the pressure to soften our stance, to give in here a little and there a little.

We must never lose sight of our objective. We must ever keep before us the goal which the Lord has set for us.”

Sometimes I forget that the world is trying to pull at me. I need to remember and not falter. If we have our objective in sight we would not be partaking in media that offends the spirit. We would not be partaking in media that is not virtuous, lovely, of good report, and praise worthy

    How will what you have read influence your actions as a parent and/or teacher of children and youth?

    I need to make sure that my students and children know that:

    “Life is better than that which is so frequently portrayed. Nature is better than that. Love is better than that. This kind of entertainment is only an evil caricature of the good and the beautiful.”

    I need to make sure that my children know that they need to be an example to the world. Make sure my children are aware of the danger and help them not be a part of it.

    How can you use what you have learned from the reading to have a positive influence on family and friends?

    “We cannot be arrogant. We cannot be self-righteous. The very situation in which the Lord has placed us requires that we be humble as the beneficiaries of His direction.

While we cannot agree with others on certain matters, we must never be disagreeable. We must be friendly, soft-spoken, neighborly, and understanding.”

When I talk to my family or friends about this I need to be soft-spoken and understanding. If I force what I think on someone else and am arrogant about it, that will not work. I need to be humble.


No comments:

Post a Comment